Housing Authority of Paducah

Housing Authority of Paducah - Anderson
Housing Authority of Paducah


How to Apply

Applications may be obtained from any of our HAP Property Management office. The locations of those offices are as follows.

Ella Munal Community, Blackburn Court, 
Dolly McNutt and Southside Scattered Sites 

2010 Hendricks St
Paducah KY 42003 
(270) 450-4208

Elmwood Court and Elmwood Elderly

2330 Ohio St
Paducah, KY 42003 
(270) 450-4211

Pierce Lackey Village

501 Cherry Circle
Paducah KY 42003 
(270) 450-4220

Anderson Court, HC Mathis, and Northside Scattered Sites

800 N 8th St
Paducah, KY 42001 
(270) 450-4205

Once your application has been completed, you may return it to our Occupancy Specialist at Elmwood Court, located at 2330 Ohio St.  Applications are only accepted on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:00 am – 11:00 am and 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Please be sure to read the application thoroughly. Several items such as birth certificates and social security cards are required for your application to be complete. These items are all listed in the application for housing.

An Application can be mailed to you upon request; for an application call one of the offices listed above, or email info@paducahhousing.com. You may also click here for a printable application. 

If you need assistance completing an application, staff is available to help. Individuals who have a physical impairment, which could prevent them from completing an application or understanding the application process, may call our Occupancy Specialist at 270-450-4210 to make special arrangements to complete their application.  Applicants may also use the Kentucky Relay Service by calling 1-800-648-6056 for TTY to communicate with the Housing Authority. If the applicant is visually impaired, a reasonable accommodation will be made.

Eligibility Criteria

  • Each head of household must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. Applicants may be younger than 18 if married or if they have been legally determined to be an emancipated minor.
  • Families that contain eligible non-citizens (i.e. possess a verifiable Temporary Identification Number (TIN) or other ID from Immigration and Naturalization Service) are eligible for assistance as well as families with U.S. citizenship.
  • Applicants must provide Social Security number verification for all family members or document and certify that the family member does not yet have a Social Security number.
  • Applicant families are subject to thorough background checks including rental and criminal history, credit check, and verification of income.
  • To be eligible for housing the family must have a satisfactory history of meeting financial obligations, especially rent. Applicants must show good landlord references for at least the previous two (2) years
  • Because of the federal "One Strike Policy", you will not be eligible to rent if you have been evicted from housing in the past three years because of drug related possessions or use or for violent criminal activity by any member of the applicant family. If the applicant or any member of the applicant's family was evicted for distribution of drugs or possession with the intent to distribute, then the applicant will be ineligible for a five-year period.
  • Applicants, which the Housing Authority determines currently use an illegal controlled substance or where this is a reasonable cause to believe that the applicant abuses alcohol in a way that may interfere with the health, safety, or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises by other residents, will not be eligible for assistance. By policy, such an applicant must be denied admission. Charges on a police report within the last three years will indicate further attention to this matter by the Leasing Department.
Please note the following lifetime ineligibility factors:
  • Any family member who has been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine (speed) in a public housing development or in a Section 8 assisted property.
  • Any family member falling under a lifetime registration requirement for the state sex offender program.

Income Limits

To be eligible to rent a Housing Authority unit, your family income must be less that shown on this chart.  The income limits are based on the size of your family. These income limits are effective Apil 14, 2017.

Person per family 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Maximun income $34,100 $38,950 $43,800 $48,650 $52,550 $56,450 $60,350 $64,250


Rent at the Housing Authority is based on family income.  This helps residents keep their rent affordable.  Rent is 30% of total family annual income minus any applicable deductions.  Deductions are fixed dollar amounts, which may be subtracted from annual income based on family qualifications. Standard deductions are given to families with children, elderly and disabled households. Based on your application, the HAP leasing staff will determine if any deductions are applicable to your income. Rent will never exceed established fair market rents as set from time to time by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. 

Rent Calculation Worksheet - this will help you estimate what your rent might be.

* Be sure to click on the tabs at the bottom of the worksheet to see definitions and terms that will help you understand what the calculator is asking for.